So, in case the rest of you haven't realized it yet, we are actually going to move to Germany. It's really going to happen. In, like, THREE DAYS. This is getting real people.
Our flight leaves at 6:00 PM on Thursday. Yes, that's right, THIS Thursday! As in, THREE days from NOW! Wowsers!
There has surfaced a bit of a cell phone crisis. Well, it's a crisis to me anyway. I found out this morning that my cell phone won't work in Germany. Well, it will "work" but it will cost tons of mon-ay, so I need to use it only for emergencies. Great. There is a company phone already there waiting for me, so I'm just seeing if that can be left at our hotel so we at least have one for the weekend. I also found out this morning that John can't get one until we have the residence permit, so that will have to wait for Monday or Tuesday as well. You gotta love governments!
To update you all on what I'm lovingly referring to as "Pack-a-po-looza 2013" from last week...it was, shall we say, stressful. I had the house pretty well prepped (I thought) but on Monday morning, these three (we'll call them) Ninja packers arrived and commenced to pack my house in record time. Seriously, I wish I would have videoed these people packing because you really can't understand just how fast they were moving. I've never seen anything like it. I called the coordinator for the move by 11 AM on Monday to tell him that there's no way they will take 5 days. I was right - it took them about 2. Nice. No stress at all there. On Tuesday they sent 3 guys who worked at a little closer to my pace and they finished most of it up.
So we ended up loading our storage stuff on Wednesday and the sea and air shipments on Friday. It was a crazy week and I'm glad it's over. There have only been about 3 times in the last 24 hours where we've realized that something we need either now or will need immediately when we get there are in a shipment that we won't have that fast. I'd call that a 6 on a scale of 1-10 for efficiency. Not ideal, but we're making it work.
Thanks again for following along...remember this post...it's just weird if you always read and never comment!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment