Sunday, August 9, 2009

Week in Review

Katherine has a new, quite adorable habit.  When I ask her "Do you want to go shopping?"  She throws her hands over head head and yells "YEAH!!"  When I tried to get it on video, she totally clammed up.  She wouldn't say a word!!  Then she stopped even doing it for a few days.  It's really cute, but apparently, its cuteness is reserved for Mommy and Daddy.

Katherine's vocabulary is continuing to expand.  Of course, the token "Mommy" and "Daddy" are very clearly spoken now, but she also says:
  • Baby (meaning doll)
  • Brother (spoken "bruh buh")
  • Puppy
  • Molly
  • Please (spoken "peas")
  • Thank you (spoken "tank ew")
  • More
  • All Done
  • Bye-Bye
  • MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE : "I wuv view"
One morning last week, I was getting her dressed for day-care (she's in a uniform now if I haven't mentioned this and she's required to wear tennis shoes.  That's like torture for a girl, you know) and she did NOT want to wear those tennis shoes!!  She wanted her sandals and she was SCREAMING to let me know about it!  Who knew that an 18 month old was so picky about the shoes she wants to wear!!  That's another thing David never did.

Also this week, she's showing a pretty big interest in the potty.  She wants to sit on it every time she sees it.  And though she hasn't actually done anything on it yet, of course, we're trying to encourage her.  She loves to sit on it before and after her bath, which is actually kind of convenient if you think about it.  The problem is that she does NOT want to get off the potty!!  The first night she did this, she threw such a big fit that I actually had to puff air into her face to force her to breath!!!  She was throwing such a fit that her lips actually started to turn blue.  Talk about a drama queen, this girl is crazy!!

She did have a little runny nose for part of last week and she didn't like the taste of the medicine we had to give her.  She threw a big fit about that one too.  David has NOT ONCE thrown a fit about medicine.  We always knew that was a great blessing, but I guess we got passed over for that one a second time.

David's soccer team just finished up their first indoor season.  Wow - indoor soccer is WAY different than outdoor.  First of all, thank GOD for the air conditioning!!  Also, the games for that age are only 30 minutes long and those boys are completely worn out.  It's very fast, even at 6 years old.  They all had a great time and they won first place in the league!  The boys were so proud.  Great job Hurricanes!!

Also this week, on Thursday night, the Travel Channel was showing "Extreme Waterparks".  David started watching it and was SO excited to go to everysinglepark in the whole United States of America!  Our own local waterpark, Hurricane Harbor, had a couple of slides on the show, and David was telling us that he wanted to ride ALL those slides so bad!!  When we went to Disney World last summer, he was fearless, so we thought it would be a great idea to take him.  He's too short (by 1 inch) for 4 slides there, but he was tall enough for the rest.  We decided that I would take him on Friday afternoon since I had the time available and I can't handle the scary roller coasters, but I can handle the waterslides.  Well, we got out there and David wanted to do the wave pool, the lazy river and the kiddie slides!!!  Are you kidding me kid?!?!  I had to force him to pick a "big" slide to ride before he would even consider it.  We ended up riding about 4 or 5 "moderate" slides, but he wouldn't ride any of the extreme ones.  I thought that was so funny - I'll ride those, but not the roller coasters and I guess David is the opposite.

Finally, just this evening, Katherine and I went shopping for a baby doll.  She picked out a very cute You and Me baby and we also got her a stroller and a highchair to go with it.  

I'm sure I didn't go out and buy the stroller and the highchair to go with her baby JUST because my mom would never buy me such luxuries to go with my dolls, but that MIGHT have had something to do with it.  

Anyway, she LOVES the baby since it came with "meal" which is how she says "milk" and is also appropriate for all drinks - water, juice, coke, whatever.  She pushed the stroller about 30 laps around our kitchen and fed the baby about 40 times in the highchair.  SO CUTE!!!

That's the week for the Ferguson Four!  I don't have very many pictures - I must have been lazy this week, but here are a few...

This is Katherine when we arrived at David's soccer game.
And David at the same time.
By the way - THANK YOU PAW PAW for coming to David's game last weekend!  I think it was only the 2nd game John's ever missed of David's and it was helpful to have my dad there to help corral Katherine.

And John *finally* got his mini-media room back in our house.  It's not anywhere near as fancy/schmancy as our old house, but it's a reasonably big TV and some nice surround sound with full Wii integration just for good measure.  It's his love, sort of like me and pens so I'm glad he's got at least a smaller version now.
And finally, you might think this is a cute picture of Katherine falling asleep in the middle of playing something....
But you would be wrong.  This is Katherine throwing herself on the floor in utter despair.  I don't even remember what happened, but I'm sure it was totally huge, like I told her she couldn't have a large Sonic drink or something.

Oh wait, Daddy told her she could.
He spoils his baby girl.  Yes, he does.

Y'all have a great week!!!

4 comments:

Trent and Dana said...

That little girl just cracks me up!!

Unknown said...

It's fun to hear what's going on during a random week. Little girls and their baby dolls are so cute. Audrey puts hers in the stroller and tells me bye. When I ask where they're going she tells me WALMART! AC eh? Indoor Soccer sounds really good all the sudden.

Wendy said...

Um - has your little girl met my little girl? I swear they are the same kid...the fits, the shoes, the fits! I want to tell you it gets easier...um, yeah...she will only get more opinionated the older she gets! Welcome to the world of having a girl!

Now - because of that, I am hoping Coleman will be like David. Less drama please! ;-)

Lilypad Mom said...

Oh baby dolls and strollers. Sounds like our house, too! Lily loves all of the above. Though, anything is game for the stroller (currently its a teddy bear). She's not picky with shoes. Lily has to wear tennis shoes to school too. I found a pair that is more venty- if that makes sense.I feel bad for her steamy little piggies in this August heat!