Monday, April 20, 2009

Katherine Easter Egg Hunt Video

So while Cindy was taking pictures of David I was trying to hold Katherine from running onto the field and getting Easter eggs ahead of the many other eager children. The plan was to take video of her hunting for the hidden treasures inside these plastic oblate spheroids. The first few seconds were cute, it looks like she sees the plastic ducks and starts running from them, the second part is her false start (I wanted to see what she was going to do when it was go time). We will just call it a dry run, no harm, we put the egg back and promptly removed ourselves from the battle grounds.


Then we get to the good part. This is probably a lot more funny to me since I was there to see it and I have reviewed the raw video several times. I cannot believe what goes on at this thing. First off all there are more people there than the total population of Coppell. Then you take the over eager parent going nuts, "GET ALL THE CANDY!! GET ALL THE CANDY!!" Listen to the voice, you can hear her a few other times during the 30 seconds of the egg hunt. I think she says "Okay, we are doing good" and " Good job you got all of the candy".



Then watch the part right after Katherine puts her candy in her basket, she gets knocked down by a different lady. I originally thought she just lost her balance but after watching the video full screen she clearly backs into Katherine and knocks her down into her basket. It is a disturbing collision between pink hair bow and purple basket handle, that could have been disastrous. A few seconds later the same lady backs into her again!! I think Katherine enjoys a small amount of personal space and this lady was "in her kitchen". The funny part is the look the Katherine gives her right after the first bump and then again at the very end of the video. "Hello?!?! Princess down here. You might want to watch out for smaller objects/people in this 0-3 group". I wish I could have heard her thoughts. It was probably better that I was looking through the mini screen on the camera and did not notice at the time. I would have had to make some sort of comment and in the spirit of the holiday my internal "what would Jesus do" meter would have malfunctioned.

Okay, now watch it again and focus on my sweet little girl. In the beginning she is standing there taking in the chaos. She is so proud of herself when she puts her two Starburst into her basket, watch her throw her arms back in pure joy at the accomplishment. It was so fun she did it again, with the same two pieces. She was letting everyone else "have all the candy".



1 comment:

Lilypad Mom said...

Very nice vid (and blog). Wow- you can hear that lady! If only they issued licenses to allow for pro-creation. ;-)