No, we're NOT pregnant!
David had blood drawn on Wednesday and a sonogram of his abdomen on Thursday. So far, everything looks completely normal, so there is no obvious reason for the marathon tummy ache. He had a better day today, he only mentioned it a couple of times. Of course, one time was when he was in bed supposedly going to sleep, so I'm not sure that one counts.
In other news, he has received his summer haircut (read: buzz).
Here he is doing his most favorite activity - Wii. Katherine loves to watch her big brother play. Sometimes it almost looks like she's trying to play along! She's doing great in her jumper and her exersaucer (or extersaucer as David calls it). She's grabbing the toys and putting everything straight into her mouth.
We gave the green beans a try again tonight, and she acted like she REALLY liked them! Such a switch from the first time, but I actually made her a second serving of them! It's not a whole jar you understand, just a little bit.
Aside - did you know (well, I know a COUPLE of you know) that baby food doesn't come in those tiny glass jars anymore? It comes in the rectangle plastic things that were just coming out when David was a baby. I thought we were getting away from plastic because of the whole bottle scare? I'm confused.
She would actually open her mouth when I brought the spoon to it! What a good girl!

David's last day at Pierce is tomorrow. Today when I dropped him off after the sonogram, his teacher actually made me cry! When we walked in, the kids were singing about the 10 commandments. I don't know how many of you know, but when John and I toured Pierce for the first time, we were standing outside a pre-K room and the kids said the pledge, then sang "Jesus Loves Me" and I started crying right there in front of the director. I just knew this was a great place. All that came back to me this morning. Then David's teacher told me that tomorrow she is going to bring a special snack of David's choosing and that he gets to be the special kid all day. To him, that means he's FIRST in line at the computer, but apparently it also means he's the line leader, gets to feed the fish...stuff like that. She was being so sweet and wonderful to him, it just made me so sad to know we're leaving such a wonderful place. We're doing the right thing, I know, and David will love Creme and academically might be even better off, but wow - it's hard to leave people we've trusted with his care for so long! It's going to be a big day tomorrow for the Ferguson Four!!
6 comments:
David looks like he has grown 3 years older with his "buzz"--what a cutie! Be sure to give us an accounting of this last day at Pierce--what a great school and give my best regards to Miss Anna.
Love the buzz cut and think that it is so sweet that he is going to be the Special One all day long. Kids eat that up! Katherine looks so darling watching her brother play Wii. I would want to get in on the action, too! Hope the day goes well :)
wow! David looks older! he looks taller and skinnier too. I'm loving the hair cut. such a cutie! Baby Jordan has the same bouncer that Katherine is eating in...she loves that thing!
Change is always hard -- especially when you're leaving a good thing -- but I know you'll be happy with your choice. Love the kid pics, as always.
Cute summer haircut for David. Its so cute to see Katherine "playing along" with David. They are so precious!!
The buzz cut always makes them seem older doesn't it? Less innocent and baby faced. How exciting to have your friends so close by. I'm glad Katherine is liking the greenie beanies better.
Post a Comment