Monday, March 31, 2008

Has It Been A Week Already?!?

So, it's been a week since I've posted to the blog. I apologize!! My first week back at work was great, but very tiring! John and I are in true man-to-man defense and we're adjusting, but it might take us a few weeks! Katherine did great at school. They told me every day "She had a great day today!" Her spit up seems to be leveling out and 2 days last week, she was wearing the same clothes when I picked her up that she was when I dropped her off. They did say she's sleeping a lot. I'm not sure if it's normal newborn sleep a lot or she might be having a growth spurt. Either way she does have a normal baby fussy time in the evenings, so we're learning the best way to deal with that. I do think she's a higher maintenance baby than David was. He spit up TONS more, but he was generally comfortable and didn't cry much. She will scream if you jostle her too much! She's quite opinionated!

I wasn't trying to be lazy about posting last week, but we were quite busy! We're having shutters put in the house, so we had people coming out to give us bids and then take final measurements. I've always wanted plantation shutters, so I'm so excited! They should be here in 6-7 weeks. We're also having the outside of the house painted - they started on Sunday. It's so funny - we've always bought new houses and never lived in one longer than 5 years, so we've never had to paint! It was a learning experience, but I think it's going to turn out great! We also had 3 soccer games in 4 days.

Friday night, my good friend came into town for a brief visit. I was so thrilled to see her and go eat some YUMMY SUSHI!! Here she is at the airport with her adorable daughter. I haven't seen them in months, so it was super fun to reunite! Saturday we had a soccer game and 2 birthday parties. Here is David at the first party - I love the look on the birthday Lily's face. David had fun playing with Lily's uncle (who is 5) Henry.
Here are 3 of the J Street girls' kiddos playing.
And here are the J Street girls (or "3 Little Piggies") with our girls. Lily and Audrey both just turned 1. It will be so fun for the girls to grow up together and Audrey has a big brother 7 months older than David.
At the 2nd birthday party on Saturday, David got a balloon. Here he is posing with it before catastrophe struck.

He let the balloon go and it went all the way up into the skylight in our living room! He actually cried, and we had to tell him that it would lose some air and come down in probably a day. Well, Sunday, we had another soccer game. When we got home, the balloon had drifted down enough to get caught in the fan! Oops!

Luckily, John was able to get it untangled. Here's David's reaction to the balloon finally being freed from entanglement!

And of course, here's a picture of Katherine. She's really starting to smile at us when we talk to her and coo when we talk to her.

Here's to week #2 back at work! It's quarter-end, so I'll be nice and busy all day to pass the time.

Have a great Monday!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Now THAT'S a busy week! How nice that Leah had her new curtains up just in time for our first official J street girls and piggies picture.

Lilypad Mom said...

Our kiddos are so cute! We enjoyed seeing you all at the party! (Only special guests get curtains hung in their honor! haha!) Losing a balloon is very tragic. I'm glad it came back down to David for more play (great job catching the moment with a perfectly timed picture!). That's a great picture of Katherine!

Meme said...

I can't believe you get any posting done--but I am ADDICTED to your blog. The events and pictures you share are a great bridge from Dallas to Lubbock!! Love to you all--and have a great week. Meme