Wednesday, March 5, 2008

David and His DS

David just loves to play his DS. He also loves it when John will play and he can watch. His current favorite game is Mario Kart - a racing game. He's actually pretty good at it, but alas, John is the grand champion. Anyway, tonight, John and David were taking turns doing races. In this particular race, John was winning by quite a margin. David is watching intently. His focus on the game is something to see!

He's stressing out because John is getting almost to the finish line and he starts to slow down. Now, John's done this to David before so he knew what was coming. David is getting very concerned and telling John to HURRY!!!
Now he's YELLING at Daddy TO RUN, RUN!! HURRY, HURRY!! YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!!! WHY ARE YOU SLOWING DOWN DADDY?!?! Just before I snapped this picture, David had his hand on top of John's finger trying to push the "gas pedal" to force John to GO!!
This is after John didn't win first place because the other players passed him while he was slowing down. David takes the defeat well, doncha think?
Yes, this is a true David-ism!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a great story told with pictures. Losing on purpose?!? I'm with David, that's crazy!

Lilypad Mom said...

Funny story told (and illustrated) perfectly! I agree- I'd cry too, David!