Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Fun

Y'all. My husband, he is quite the Valentine's Day Super Hero!!

First of all, last week, one non-eventful evening, we were sitting together on the couch ingesting some educticational programming (read: watching AI) and he took my laptop, went to a jewelry site and said, "Pick out your Valentine's Day present." What girl wouldn't LOVE that?!?! So, I did just that. I'll keep you all in suspense (except the 2-3 of you that already know), but let's just say it's custom made and it'll take 6-8 weeks to come in. From the same site, John picked out a watch. What, you say? Didn't John get a watch for Christmas? Why, yes, he did! But for some reason, he's on a watch kick, so I got the man a watch. He deserves it - he's quite the hubby.

Which brings me to today. David has been home with Katherine and me for the last 2 days. He's got a cold which makes him cough which makes him croup cough in the middle of the night which makes us all get up and do breathing treatments and sit in the bathroom with the shower on full blast hot which makes us all REALLY tired.

Anyway, John gets home from work and takes David out into the garage. David comes back carrying a box of Godiva chocolate. For those of you that don't know this about me - I LOVE ME SOME CHOCOLATE!!! Not only that, but I REALLY love me some fancy chocolate!! It's a box of mixed chocolate WITH a decoder of what everything is. I've had 2 pieces so far and I take about 10 minutes to eat each piece. Chocolate this good must be savored people.

Then, John tells David that Katherine got him something. Lo and behold, Katherine is holding a gift for her big brother!

It's a REAL LIVE ACTUAL bat y'all! David had a plastic kid one and he actually broke it hitting a ball that Daddy threw (NOT off a tee!). He's understandably thrilled.
Daddy also brought home a soccer goal! Since he's tearing down the deck in the backyard, he and David will have more room to play all these wonderful sports. David wanted to go outside RIGHT NOW and try it out, but alas, there are boards and nails all over the backyard right now.
Here's the whole tee-ball/baseball ensemble. We think David will love it when he can start tee-ball in the fall. He misses the age cutoff for spring ball by 2 months.
Then, and this is SU-WEET, Daddy brought a gift for his newest little Valentine.All together now..."Awwwww, how sweet!!"

Also, John got me pajamas (becuase I would never spend money on pajamas for myself, but I just love the ones that John got for me!) And we had us some gourmet pizza for our special family Valentine's Day dinner!! That is, if Pizza Hut equals gourmet, which I believe it does.

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's day. We sure did!

4 comments:

Meme said...

It sounds like you all had a second Christmas!!-You spoil each other ROTTEN--keep it up because you are ALL worth it!!
Love, Meme

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great Valentine's night at the Ferguson house. It's wonderful to be surrounded by so much love: Parent/Child, Brother/Sister and Husband/Wife.

Lilypad Mom said...

Talk about some great Vday gifts!! I think it's great when everyone gets a Valentines Day gift. I love love Katherine's outfit. Such a cute "wittle" Valentine!

Laurie said...

What a fun day for everyone! Love the red dress! : )